This beautiful array of expertly selected imported French cheeses is the perfect solution for entertaining. Assured to impress any cheeselover, this collection features some of the finest French selections The Cheese Course offers. Serves 6-8 people.
DETAILS: You receive -
- Boucheron - Loire - This slightly aged, surface-ripened cheese has a firm, crumbly, chalky texture. It offers typical goat flavors; tangy hints of lemon and mineral.
- Epoisses - Burgundy - One of the greatest cheeses in the world. This cheese has a barnyard aroma, a blond interior and is brimming with meaty, cramy richness. Created by monks in the village of Epoisses, it was (and still is) washed daily in Marc de Bourgogne.
- Essex Street Marcel Petit Fort St. Antoine Comte - Franche Comte - The professionals at Essex St. Cheese company select these wheels based on the perfect flavor profile. It is at a point of ripeness where all the cheese's beguilling flavors have come to life. Aromas of hazelnuts, fried onions and spring berries shine over an undertow of cut grass, wet earth, and straw. There is a humble, everyday perfection of this cheese. Herbaceous and fruity, and kissed with deep heavy cream, this Comte has you coming back for more.
- Gabriel Coulet Roquefort - Roquefort - Gabriel Coulet's Roquefort is a white and semi-soft sheep's milk blue cheese, elegantly garnished in green veining. This gourmet cheese has received numerous gold medal prizes in France. The story of Gabriel Coulet begins in 1872, when he began to dig a cellar under his residence of Roqefort with the intention of letting some bottles of wine mature. Today the fifth generation is in charge and takes up the challenge of Gabriel Coulet's Roquefort that is recognized for its quality.
- Le Chatelain Camembert - Normandy - Camembert Le Chatelain retains most of the authentic flavors and qualities of the raw milk variety you can only buy in France. It has a bloomy rind and is aged 2 - 3 months, the taste is succulent, ripe, rich and cramy with a possible hint of apple. The texture is creamy and can have a runny interior with age.
Serve collection with TCC sundried tomato pesto, nuts, fresh grapes and apples and your favorite bottle of red burgundy or Champagne.
*Approximately 2 lbs of Cheese